Giving to LUMS
For over 30 years now, LUMS has strived to achieve excellence in providing academic education at par with the leading universities of the world. Our dedication towards providing the best possible education without discrimination is essential to the progress of Pakistan, but without the unwavering support of our donors, this dream would never become a reality.
Since its inception in 1985 with a solitary MBA programme, LUMS has now increased the number of academic programmes offered. We now have four schools, namely, the Suleman Dawood School of Business; the Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences; the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering and the Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law, offering undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate degrees in a wide range of fields.
Your contributions help fund facilities, programmes, research and scholarships, and hence will play a role in shaping a bright future of the university. You can allocate your gift to a particular school or programme or leave your gift unrestricted so it can be used for rising needs and requirements, such as maintenance, refurbishment and upgrading of infrastructure and equipment, scholarships or technology.
Any donation, large or small is welcome and would be a great contribution towards the University’s mission of providing world class degree programmes to all students, at a campus that meets international standards.
Gifts/donations to the Lahore University of Management Sciences will be eligible for tax exemption under section 159(1)/C of the income Tax Ordinance, 2001 vide Certificate No. E-156-J/135 dated 06 August 2014.
There are many ways to give to LUMS. Find the option that's right for you.
LUMS is distinguished for its educational and research excellence. To continue and build on our superior standards, we need to invest in scholarships, academic courses, research facilities and other vitally important resources.
- Make an unrestricted gift You may target your gift to a specific area (scholarship or school) or you may give an unrestricted gift for the University to use for its greatest need.
- Give Zakat You can donate to the NOP through our Zakat Fund which goes towards funding student scholarships.
- Consider a Planned gift to honour your connection to the University A planned gift can be in the form of an endowment that can be made on a company’s name, donor's name, etc, based on the choice of the donor.
- Give to the Alumni Annual Fund This fund requests LUMS Alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends to support the University's most pressing needs and promising opportunities. Gifts to this fund are directed to the areas that need urgent assistance.
- Support Scholarships With your assistance, we will continue to provide financial aid and scholarships to deserving students. As our student body grows, your support will become more crucial.
- Fund a Research Project Your donation will help ensure that LUMS faculty continues to engage in cutting edge research to remain current on developments in their respective fields.
- Donate to Infrastructure With the addition of two new hostels, two new school buildings, and a purpose-built sports complex, we are coming closer to our vision of an integrated campus. Your donations for this purpose will enable us to sustain our commitment for the future